What is Boom?
Boom is a platform that allows teachers to purchase and/or create digital activities for students. Boom “decks” are made up of individual, digital task cards for students to complete.
What are the benefits of using Boom cards?
Boom is great for…
- Differentiating your instruction (you can assign different students different decks!)
- Giving students immediate, automatic feedback
- Getting students EXCITED about learning with badges and fun digital “rewards” for their work
- Holding students accountable for their independent work
- Saving time (less grading!)
- Saving paper
What do I need in order to use Boom?
You will need:
- A computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard
- An internet browser that is 3 or fewer years old (OR the free Boom app)
- A free or paid Boom account (if you open a new account and click a link you get from a TeachersPayTeachers Boom card purchase, you’ll get 3 months free)
- An internet connection that students can use on a computer/tablet to access the Boom decks
How can I use Boom cards that I purchase on TeachersPayTeachers.com?
- Purchase decks or bundles from a TeachersPayTeachers store like mine. or they are available on my SELZ store Check out just like you normally would!
- Once you have purchased, you’ll receive a PDF download. Open up the PDF.
- Inside the PDF, you will find links to a Boom deck or decks. Click each link, one at a time, to add the decks to your Boom library. (You will have to create or log into your Boom account.)
- If you have purchased a large bundle, it may take some time to add all the links to your Boom library. However, once you have clicked each link once, it will ALWAYS remain in your Boom library for you to access!
How much does it cost to use Boom?
You can use Boom for free. However, a paid account (see pricing here HERE) is very affordable and allows you to:
- Get reports about student progress and activity
- Easily assign students multiple decks to work on
- Create an entire classroom of student logins
If I only have a free account, how can I use Boom cards with my students?
Once you’re logged into your Boom teacher account, go to “Library,” find the deck you want students to use, click on “FastPin” and select “Generate New Pin.”
You then have two options:
Option A: Copy and paste the complete link for students to play, or…
Option B: Go to the Boom main page (boomlearning.com) on a computer (or on the Boom app). Click on the “FastPlay” button. Enter the pin and click “play.”
Important: A pin is valid for 5 days. After the 5 days are up, you can absolutely still access the cards, but you’ll need to generate a new pin for students to use.
Where can I access or download Boom?
One of the great things about Boom is that you and the students can use it on computers OR tablets!
Access the computer version here: https://wow.boomlearning.com/
Download the Apple app here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/boom-cards/id1041141473?mt=8
Download the Android app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cards.boom.boom
Download the Kindle fire app here: https://www.amazon.com/Boom-Learning-Cards/dp/B01M8M
Top Educational books